OAxis recording studio is a purpose-built, state-of-the art 2000 square foot facility offering the best
combination of digital and analogue recording. The studio features an acoustically designed control room with air conditioning, spacious live room, custom designed vocal booth as well as recreational
areas to relax and re-charge.
Following is a summary of the main equipment available in the studio.
- Pro Tools HD3 system running PT9 with multiple drives, loads of plug-ins, 2x Digidesign 192 and 2x Apogee AD8000 a/d & d/a
- Amek 'big' - 56 inputs with 'supatrue' automation & total recall
Note: All computers and fan-assisted power supplies are situated in a machine room resulting in near total silence in the
control room. Anyone who uses computers regularly will appreciate this!
Apart from hundreds of software plug-ins (including Slate, Access, Amp farm, Bomb Factory, SoundReplacer, SPL, Softube,
Pultec, Auto tune, Focusrite, Waves Bundle, Lexicon, Sonnox, D-fi, API, Sansamp, SSL, H-Delay, MoogerFooger, TC, Aphex, BrunoReso, Decapitator, FilterFreak and many others), the studio offers a
large selection of hardware outboard including:
Mic Preamps; Vintech X73i (6 of), Vintech X81, 2 x API 3124 (8 channels
total), Vintech 473 (4 channels), Universal Audio 6176, Telefunken 672 (6 channels). Summit EQP-200B Stereo EQ.
Compressor/ Limiters; SSL G384 stereo buss compressor, Tubetech CL1B, Thermionic Culture
Phoenix (stereo valve), Purple MC77, Universal Audio 6176 and 2-1176, 2 x Empirical Labs Distrekssors (w.Brit Mod), A-Designs Nail (stereo valve), Slate Pro Audio Dragon, Audio and Design
Compex 2, dbx 160x, Valley People Dynamite.
Reverbs/Delays; Eventide H3000 multi fx, Lexicon PCM70 reverb and PCM42 delay, Fender 63
Valve Reverb, Sony R7 reverb, AMS DM2.20 phaser, TC 1210 chorus/flanger, Yamaha SPX90 mk2, Bel BD80 Delay,, Strymon Big Sky, Strymon Timeline.
There are many other useful bits & bobs including 3 x SPL Transient Designers (4 channel vsn), Dolby SR and A units,
Little Labs IBP phase aligners and Multi Z DIs (4 of), Furman and DBX Sub-Bass Enhancers, Drawmer gates, filters etc.
Monitoring / Mastering:
- 2 Quad 520 amps feeding NS10M's and large 15" Tannoy Golds in acoustically designed enclosures.
- Cd-r mastering via Toast / Jam or Pioneer stand alone CD Recorder
- Panasonic 3800 dat machine + Technics SL1200 turntable, Sony Minidisk, Denon CD players
Backline / Instruments / Keyboards / Sampling:
Axis has a great selection of instruments & amps available at no extra charge
- Drums : Tama Starclassic 4 piece Drum kit with 24” Kick, 18” Floor Tom, 13” Rack Tom and selection of amazing snare
drums ( Ludwig Black Beauty, Worldmax Black Dawg, Ludwig Acrolite,Tama SLP Maple, KD Custom 8") . Also Premier Kit with 26" Kick, 18" & 16" Floor Toms, 12" Rack Tom and Truth Custom 20 x 20 maple
Kick. Various crashes, rides, hi hats, china cymbals
- Guitars : Gibson Les Paul, Fender
Telecaster, Fender Ltd Ed Jaguar, Guild CE100D Arch Top, Gibson ES125 Hollow body, Schecter Demon, Italia Rimini 12 string electric.
- Basses : Dingwall NG2, Fender Jazz, MusicMan Stingray, Warwick Corvette
- Acoustics : Takamine EG523SC, Tanglewood 12 string, Fender Gemini
- Amp Heads : Marshall 50W JMP (with Fortin mod), Peavey 6505, Marshall 100W JMP (with Fortin mod), Mesa Triple
Rectifier, Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb DRRI, Fender Tweed Deluxe, Carlsbro Stingray.
- Cabs : Mesa Oversized 4x12, Orange PPC 4x12, Marshall AHW 4x12, Marshall 1960B 4x12, Marshall 2x12
open back (2 of), Fender Bassman vintage 4x12
- Combos : JMI Vox, Roland JC-120
- Bass Gear : EBS Reidmar head , Ashdown Mag300 head. Ampeg SVT 8x10 Cab.
- Keyboards : Nord Electro 2, Alesis QS8, Korg Microkorg. Behringer Model D and Deepmind 12, Emu Proteus
2000, Novation Nova, Korg M3R, Yamaha TG55 + Kurzweil Micro Piano sound modules. Akai S5000 sampler with full upgrades. Keyboard sub mixer.
- Guitar/Bass Effects : Strymon Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius, Darkglass B7k Ultra Bass
Overdrive, Electro Harmonix Big Muff(2 of), Deluxe Memory Man and Micro Pog. Fulltone OCD, Keeley Fuzz Head, Catalinbread SFT, Ibanez TS9(2 of), Boss GE7 EQ, BD-2 Blues
Driver, ODB-3 Bass Overdrive TU3 tuners, NS2 noise suppressors, D*A*M Sonic Titan, Zvex Fuzz Factory clone, Klon Centaur clone,
Treble Boosters, Maxon OD820, Proco RAT, Sansamp RBI, Sansamp Bass Driver, Sansamp Classic , Line 6 Pod Pro XT, MXR Dynacomp, Digitech Whammy, Vox Tonelab LE, Korg AX100G Multi FX, . Ibanez,Vox and
Dunlop Wahs, Dunlop Bass Wah, EBS Bass IQ, Splitters, DI boxes etc etc
A comprehensive selection of over 60 quality mics for all situations including:
- Large Condensers : Neumann U87Ai (2 of), Neumann U47FET, Lauten Atlantis (2 of)
- Small Condensers : Neumann KM84 (2 of), AKG 451EB (2 of) Oktava MK219(modded) (2 of)
- Ribbon Mics : Royer R121, Coles 4038
- Dynamic Mics :Sennheiser 421(4 of) + E604(4 of), Shure SM7B + SM57(4 of) + 545 (7 of) + SM58,
Electrovoice RE20 + 635(2 of) + 664(2 of), Beyer M201, Audix i5 + d6, AKG D112, Altec 633A + 632C
- Other : NS10 Sub Mic, Beyer TG D58c (6 of), Shure SM91, SM90 + 520DX, Electrovoice 950 Cardax vintage crystal mic, PZM mics
And the rest:
Kitchen, Lounge with LED TV, Playstation 3, DVD player and free Wifi facilities plus free pool table!